Sunday, December 28, 2008

Welcome to the party

So, am I the only one in the room? Hello? Interesting....

2009 is upon us, and with that another year, more bills to pay, fluctuations in weather patterns and the stock market, the rise and fall of various leaders across the planet, and another few hundred piles of poo left by my dogs in the backyard. But I digress...

I'm starting this blog up as a general exercise in futility, as I'm sure the readers will number less than the fingers I have on one hand, one of those being me. However, the general feeling to release one can achieve from merely writing is good in itself, kind of a medicine I guess, so at the end of the day it's a win win situation.

We are moving towards as new year as I stated before, the meaning of which gets less and less as I get older. Holidays, birthdays, another year, or more like a pain in the ass (I must tell you now that if you are going to read my blog you will have to get used to the insertion of a few less than pleasant words) when you forget to write the new date correctly, time continues on no matter what "labels" we as a society put on things. Some dates do have significance though, and for me those dates start at the end of Feb. I'm moving towards my 2nd deployment overseas, and our training for that deployment begins at that time.

Currently I'm in the Army National Guard (hold all boos to the end please, thank you) and working on a full time basis to help get our unit ready for this deployment. I won't bore you with the details, but it is a pretty labor intensive project, with many many blocks to check and many points of contact. I like to refer to it as a moving target. Imagine trying to slay a deer, running at full speed across a field littered with trees, and you have a slingshot and a rock. This is the challenge, but at the end of the day it will get done.

The good news is I won't use this blog only to write about military stuff, I'll obviously use it for other things, to write about whateverthehellIwant! Should I throw a random "beoootch" in there? Seemed like a good time for a "beooootch!" But anyways, yes I do other things and I'm sure will post about them in here as well. My trips to the gym, should be some great material as we are moving into the season where a crush of newcomers will flood the gyms across America for the next few weeks in an effort to fulfill their New Years resolutions, only to take up space and then quit. Shame.... Lemme see, I am married with a daughter and two dogs, so I'm sure they will be apart of this blog from time to time, although to protect the names of the innocent I'll probably refrain from too much posting on that. I don't know what else, sometimes I do go off on tangents and rant, but I'm desperately trying to remain positive throughout this entire experience! PMA = positive mental attitude.

This concludes my opening post, where it will go from here nobody knows! All I know is, it's still early Sunday morning and I need more coffee. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. My brother, once again you are nothing short of an inspiration. I think I'm gonna start a journal of my open, albeit private vice public. Can't hurt to keep track of where I've been and where I'm going.

    ReplyDelete