Sunday, December 28, 2008

I curse the inventor...

Whoever invented Guitar Hero (World Tour) or the similar gaming system known as Rockband needs to be....well congratulated for bringing out the "wannabe" in all of us. I swear I have logged countless hours on this addiction since purchasing the game over a week ago. The stud in me really wants to be a Rockstar, and of course they have catered to this desire...and I'm sure many others have been caught up in the whirlwind of home grown stardom. I must admit, whether playing the guitar, drums, or screaming into the $20 microphone...it is hella fun and a great time. I am half Filipino, and when at parties with my relatives it seems someone always breaks out the Karaoke machine. Well my cousins, this tops regular karaoke like none other. I can sing, drum like Travis Barker and throw down on the guitar like Slash like fo shizzle! I'm actually getting pretty good, gonna have to get a band together and start playing gigs before you know it. That's it, I'm quitting my job! Gonna be a starving artist, buy a 1975 tour bus and live from diner to diner while showering every 3rd day! FTW baby!

Seriously, if you have the means.....BUY THIS GAME. I have really never owned a gaming device, and therefore had to purchase an XBOX360 along with the game, but wow has it been worth it. I have convinced myself that I could have actually pursued a musical career, even though my voice blows, I can barely keep up with drums on "medium" level, and the 5 button guitar whoops my ass every time. I love living in an alternate reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment